The Regina Police Service is asking for the public’s co-operation in preventing Break and Enters to apartment building laundry rooms. Police are also asking for information to assist in recent cases. Since June 17, 2010, the Police Service has received nine reports of Break and Enter committed in apartment buildings. In each case, the unknown culprit or culprits damage the coin-operated washers and dryers, steal money and, in many cases, cause additional damage in the buildings.
The events are as follows:
- June 20th – 2000 block 14th Avenue
- June 17-24th – 0-100 block Angus Road
- July 2nd – 2200 block Smith Street
- July 19th – 400 block Lorne Street
- July 20th – 3800 block Retallack Street
- July 22nd – 2100 block Montague Street
- July 22-23rd – 2100 block McIntyre Street
- July 23rd – 2200 block McIntyre Street
- July 23rd – 0-100 block Sheppard Street
At this time, police do not have suspects identified; it is possible that some of these cases are connected but it has not been confirmed through investigation.
The Regina Police Service reminds the public to report any suspicious activity. Residents of apartment buildings should not prop open security doors, nor allow strangers into their buildings. Anyone with information that could assist police in these investigations is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).