At approximately 5:40 PM on Sunday, October 17, 2010 police responded to a report of an attempt abduction. Preliminary investigation indicates a ten year-old girl was riding her bike in the area of 1100 block of Rae Street when she was approached by an adult male who had exited his truck. The male grabbed the ten year-old’s arm and was convincing her to come back to his truck. The girl fought off the man and was screaming which drew attention to the incident and the suspect let go of her arm; the ten year-old girl sustained minor injuries as a result of this incident.
Police were able to locate the truck and through investigation arrested a 54 year-old male, Allan Guy LANDRY (DOB: 1956/05/27). LANDRY is charged with Abduct Person Under 14 [281 CC], Assault [266 CC], Disguise with Intent [351(2) CC], and Breach Probation [733.1(1) CC]. LANDRY made his first court appearance on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 9:30 am.
Anyone who has information that could assist police in this investigation, or who has experienced a similar incident should contact the Regina Police Service at 777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 545-TIPS (545-8477). Police encourage parents to review stranger-safety tips with their children. Keep safe with these tips:
- Always tell your parents where you are going.
- Do not get close to strangers. Make sure you have room to run.
- Don’t tell your name or address to a stranger.
- Never take candy, money or gifts from a stranger.
- Never go with a stranger to help look for a lost pet or play a game.
- Never get into a car with anyone you don’t know.
- If a stranger bothers you, run away and ask an adult for help.
- Never open the door to a stranger.
- Never tell anyone on the phone you are alone.
- If a stranger follows you or grabs for you, yell loud and shout.