The Regina Police Service wishes to advise the media of the upcoming Regina Police Service Awards, which recognizes individuals and organizations for their contributions to the community, policing and public safety. The event will be held at the Delta Regina, tomorrow, Thursday, January 23, 2014.
Regina citizens, RPS employees or organizations are nominated for these awards by employees of the Regina Police Service. The nominations are reviewed by an Awards Committee, which, in turn, makes its recommendations to Executive Committee. There are five awards available:
• Special Service Award – presented to persons for their volunteer work in the community,
• Community Policing Award – presented for work such as problem-solving or crime prevention initiatives,
• Meritorious Performance Award – presented for operational or investigative work well above the standard,
• Teamwork Award – presented to a section, unit, project team or other group of members and external partners in recognition of superior teamwork attributes in accomplishing a significant goal, and
• Chief’s Commendation – awarded in recognition of bravery or an exception contribution to the Service.
Recipients of this year’s awards include 17 civilians and 82 officers.