Police Investigation has led to the arrest of a 56 year-old Regina man for numerous break and enter offenses that occurred recently at Regina businesses.
On May 24th, 2014, at 12:45 am police spotted a male matching the description of a suspect in previous break and enters in the 4000 block Albert Street. The male was arrested inside a business. It was alleged that he entered the business unlawfully. He was taken into custody without incident. Further investigation linked this male to 15 other commercial break and enters between April 17th and May 24th, 2014 in Regina.
56 year-old Brian Calvin MAKELKI (DOB 1957/10/10) is charged with 28 charges:
- 15 x Break Enter [348(1)(B) CC]
- Attempt Break and Enter Business [348(1)(A) CC]
- 7 x Breach of Recognizance [811 CC]
- 3 x Disguise with Intent [351(2) CC]
- Possession of Break-In Instruments [351(1) CC]
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance [145(3) CC]
MAKELKI made his first court appearance this morning, Monday, May 26th, 2014 at Provincial Court at 9:30 am.