Regina Police Service responded to a weapons call at 8:55pm, June 8, 2014, in North Regina. A male was reported to be outside a North Regina Bingo Hall carrying a handgun and asking Bingo Patrons for money as they were entering the establishment. Not successful in getting any money outside, the male then walked into the Bingo Hall, grabbed money off a table and fled out the side door.
Regina Police confronted the male as he was leaving the scene and arrested him without incident. The male had a pellet handgun in his possession at the time of the arrest.
The 29 year old male will be charged with:
1) Armed Robbery Sec 343(D) CC
2) Possession of a Weapon Dangerous Sec 88 CC
3) Carrying a Concealed weapon SEC 90 CC
4) Fail to comply with Undertaking SEC 145(3)
5) Use of imitation Firearm during commission of an offence SEC 85(2)(A)