A thirty-five year-old male faces nine charges after carrying a concealed weapon onto a passenger bus yesterday.
At approximately 9:40 p.m. on Monday, December 22nd, 2014, police were dispatched to the bus depot at the 1700 block of Saskatchewan Drive for the report of a weapons offence involving a firearm. Information received indicated that a male was on a passenger bus with a firearm tucked into his waistband.
Two buses with passengers were unloaded and a male matching the description was searched for officer and public safety. A handgun with three bullets in the magazine was revealed in the search of the male, as well as a small quantity of hydromorphone.
Thirty-five year-old Kevin Todd COPPENS [DOB: 1979/08/08], of Regina, is charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon [91(2) CC]
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC]
- Possession of a Weapon [88 CC]
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(A) CC]
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC]
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1) CC]
- Breach of Prohibition Order [733.1(1) CC]
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (Hydromorphone) [4(1) CDSA]
COPPENS made his court appearance at Provincial Court this morning, December 23, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.