On October 14, 2015, at approximately 1:09 a.m., police were dispatched to the Regina General Hospital regarding a sexual assault. Police were advised that a seventeen year-old female had been sexually assaulted by a nineteen year-old male.
The two made initial contact through social media accounts, where the victim shared her intentions to purchase a phone and the suspect offered to sell his. The two met in person on the evening of October 13, 2015 at approximately 9:00 p.m. to complete the transaction at a parking lot in the Glencairn neighborhood. The suspect got into the victim’s car, where the suspect threatened her with a knife and forced her to give up her vehicle. The suspect drove the victim outside of the city and sexually assaulted her. At approximately 12:30 a.m. on October 14, 2015, the victim was placed into the trunk of the car, and the suspect drove back into the city where the victim escaped from the vehicle while it was stopped at a red light.
Investigation led to a nineteen year-old male who was arrested and charged.
Nineteen year-old Kohl Alexander ELDER (DOB 1996-04-27), of Regina, is charged with:
- Attempt Murder [239(1)(B) CC]
- Kidnapping [279(1) CC]
- Armed Robbery [343(D) CC]
- Overcome Resistance [246(A) CC]
- Sexual Assault with a Weapon [272(1)(A) CC]
- Forcible Confinement [279(2) CC]
- Uttering Threats [264.1(1)(A) CC]
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [355(B) CC]
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order [733.1(1) CC]
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Marihuana) [4(5) CDSA]
ELDER makes his first appearance on these charges on October 15, 2015, at 9:30 a.m.