On November 14, 2015 at approximately 05:10 a.m. police initiated a vehicle stop in the 100 block of Broad Street. Once the vehicle had stopped, officers approached the vehicle and the suspect vehicle left the scene and evaded police. Police did not pursue the vehicle, but located the suspect vehicle abandoned in the 200 block of Osler Street minutes later. The 23 year old male driver was located hiding in a nearby yard and was arrested without incident.
Upon searching the vehicle police located a .357 caliber handgun as well as approximately 8 grams of cocaine.
The 23-year-old male, Abdullahi MOALIN, DOB: 1991/12/10 of Regina is facing a total of 7 charges:
- Evade Police; Section 249.1(1) C.C
- Drive While Disqualified; Section 259(4) C.C
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Section 86(1) C.C
- Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon, Section 91(2) C.C
- Possession of a Weapon, Section 88 C.C
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking. Section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime, Section 355(b) C.C
Abdullahi MOALIN will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday November 16th, 2015