Four individuals: three females and one male; are facing a total of 65 charges after an investigation and search this past weekend in which police recovered a quantity of prohibited weapons and cocaine.
On Friday, November 27, 2015, at approximately 10:40 p.m., police were dispatched to assist a citizen who indicated there were people in her house who were not residents, not welcome and who were refusing to leave. The female victim met with police at a secondary location and advised the unwanted guests were at her house in the 1000 block of Robinson Street. Police attended and found four individuals in the house (three females and one male) as well as a three firearms, a machete, a folding knife, ammunition, just over 34 grams of a substance later verified to be cocaine, Canadian currency, a number of cell phones and packaging consistent with drug trafficking.
The following individuals are facing charges: thirty-two year-old Brandi Lee BENSON, DOB: 1983-10-13; thirty-seven year-old Julie Ann GRAY, DOB: 1978-09-03; eighteen year-old Winona WORME, DOB: 1997-07-05; and eighteen year-old Tyrone Lane EAGLE, DOB: 1997-04-28. All four are from Regina and all four are jointly charged with the following offences:
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine), 5(2) CDSA;
– Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5,000, 355(b) CC;
– Three (3) charges of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (rifle, shotguns), 91(1) CC;
– Three (3) charges of Careless Use of a Firearm (rifle, shotguns), 86(1) CC;
– Three (3) charges of Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (rifle, shotguns), 88 CC
– Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (machete), 88 CC; and
– Three (3) charges of Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition (rifle, shotguns), 95(1)(a) CC.
In addition, Tyrone EAGLE is facing three charges of Possession of Firearm, Contrary to Prohibition, sec. 117.01(1) CC. Julie GRAY is additionally charged with Breach of Recognizance, sec. 145(3) CC, and Winona WORME is charged with Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace (folding knife), sec. 88 CC. All four accused made their court appearances in Provincial Court this morning (November 30, 2015) at 9:30 a.m.