On February 8th, 2016, at approximately 7:15 p.m. police were dispatched to the intersection of Albert Street and Victoria Avenue for the report of a motor vehicle collision involving three vehicles. A vehicle rear-ended a second vehicle stopped at a red light, which in turn struck a third vehicle. The occupants of the initial vehicle had fled the scene on foot before police arrived.
EMS attended to those on scene and injuries were described as minor.
Police attended to the registered owner’s address, where a thirty year-old female was arrested and charged.
A search of the vehicle revealed a firearm.
Thirty year-old Leandra Lynn NEWMAN (DOB: 1985/06/15), is charged with:
- Careless Use of Firearm [86(1) CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm [91(1) CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited Device in a Motor Vehicle [94(1)(a)(i) CC]
- Failure to Stop at Scene of Accident [252(1) CC] X 2
- Driving while Impaired [253(1)(A) CC]
- Failure or Refusal to Provide Sample – Intoxilyzer [254(5) CC]
NEWMAN will make her first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this afternoon, February 9th, 2016, at 2:00 p.m.