The Regina Police Service would like to remind Regina residents to take a few extra minutes to secure your property by locking doors, garages, and bikes, and to remove any valuables from vehicles.
Fast Facts on Regina Crime:
- 9 garage B&E’s from May 3-10, 2016
- 7 out of 9 of those were either unsecured/unlocked or the overhead door was open
- 5 out of 9 of these events occurred in the northwest part of Regina
- Bikes are becoming a popular target for theft as summer approaches
- 5 bikes stolen from garages this past week
- All bike thefts occurred from unsecured garages
- Average of 2 bikes stolen per week in the past 4 weeks
The Regina Police Service strongly encourages Regina residents to put their energy into securing property and locking doors. Even if your bike is stored in a garage or shed, you should still keep a bike lock on it, to further prevent theft. Record your serial number of your bike and any special markings on it to identify it if it is ever stolen. Prevention, which discourages potential thieves, takes only minutes; the separation from your property might be permanent. Anyone who sees suspicious activity is encouraged to call the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500. If you see a crime in progress, call 9-1-1.