On July 22, 2016, at approximately 12:00 pm, police were dispatched to the 3000 block Wascana Marina Road for the report of a weapons offence in progress. A male was observed in possession of a firearm. The male and two females were taken into custody without incident, and police recovered the firearm. The females were released without charges and the 22 year-old male was arrested and charged.
Twenty-two year-old Mathieu Robert John KAHNAPACE (DOB: 1993/11/02), of Regina, is charged with:
- Careless Use of a Firearm [86(1) CC]
- Possession of a Weapon [88 CC]
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [91(1) CC]
- Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime [96(1) CC]
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial No. Has Been Tampered With [108(1)(B) CC]
KAHNAPACE will make his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:30 am.