On the morning of December 19, 2016, at approximately 10:20 a.m., police observed a vehicle with a front passenger, a 24 year-old male, recognized by police as being wanted for arrest. Police attempted a traffic stop, pulling the vehicle over on the northbound side of the 1400 block of Pasqua Street. As police approached the vehicle, the passenger attempted to push the driver out of the van and drive away, however police extracted the male from the vehicle, and he was arrested on warrants. A search revealed methamphetamine, a substance believed to be cocaine, and firearm ammunition. Further investigation into this matter led to the recovery of a stolen vehicle and a stolen license plate.
Twenty-four year-old Nayo Pisim FOX is charged with:
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (cocaine) [CDSA 4(1)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)] x 2
- Fail to Comply [145(3)]
FOX makes his first appearance in Provincial Court on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 9:30 a.m.