Earlier this week, the Regina Police Service issued a media release involving the arrest of a 46 year-old male on March 13, 2017, in which a CEW was deployed. The charges, which were not available during the time of the initial news release, are listed below. A search of the accused, his vehicle and immediate area produced a loaded, sawed-off shotgun; a loaded handgun; ammunition, bear spray and drugs.
Forty six year old, Dejan VUCKOVIC (DOB: 1970/12/31), of Regina, faces 18 charges:
- Flight while pursued by police officer, CC 249.1(1);
- Traffic in scheduled substance (cocaine), CDSA 5(1);
- Possession of a scheduled substance (cannabis), CDSA 4(5);
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon, CC 91(2);
- 2 x Possession of a restricted firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized, CC 92(1);
- 2 x Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition, CC 95(1)(A);
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with, CC 108(1)(B);
- 3 x Carrying a concealed weapon, CC 90;
- 4 x Failure to comply with conditions of undertaking, 145(5.1) CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle, 94(1) CC; and
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm, CC 91(1).
VUCKOVIC appeared in Provincial Court on these charges on March 14, 2017, at 2:00 p.m.