A nineteen year-old Regina male faces a total of 41 criminal charges as the result of a cluster of incidents on Saturday, April 1st, which included a sexual assault, an attempted robbery, a break and enter, an assault with a weapon, and numerous firearms offences.
On Saturday April 1, 2017, police were dispatched to the 1400 block of Robinson Street for a report of a male with a firearm chasing a female down the street. The initial complaint also indicated a male victim had been shot in the neck; however, when police found this victim, they discovered the male had been struck on the back of his head. This victim was transported to hospital by EMS. Police were able to obtain a sighting of the suspect male in the 1400 block of Robinson Street. The suspect entered a house on the block, which was not his residence. Officers challenged the suspect to exit the house. The suspect surrendered to police and a search of the residence turned up some clothing the suspect is believed to have worn, as well as a modified firearm. As police were investigating the numerous complaints arising out of this arrest, they obtained evidence to indicate the suspect male had attempted to rob an adult male and female. It’s also alleged the male with the firearm pointed the gun at an eleven year-old child. As police investigated the initial complaint, they also discovered evidence of a sexual assault on a 36 year-old female that occurred in a parking lot in the 2900 block of Dewdney Avenue. After investigation of each of these allegations, the male was charged with numerous offences, including several breaches.
Nineteen year-old Kashtin Wade HUNTER, DOB: 1997-05-22, of Regina, is facing 41 charges:
- Sexual Assault, s. 271 CC;
- 2 x Robbery with Prohibited Firearm, s. 344(1)(a) CC;
- 4 x Use of a Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence, s. 85(1)(a) CC;
- 5 x Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
- Assault with a Weapon, s. 267(a) CC;
- 3 x Careless Use of a Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- 4 x Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose, s. 88;
- 5 x Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC;
- Break and Enter with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence, 348(1)(a) CC;
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Prohibited, s. 92(1) CC;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance, s. 4(5) CDSA;
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Knowing it was Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC;
- 2 x Carrying a Concealed Weapon, s. 90 CC;
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered, s. 108(1)(b) CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon, s. 91(2) CC;
- Pointing a Firearm, s. 87 CC; and
- 5 x Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order, s. 117.01(1) CC.
HUNTER made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, April 3, 2017.