A 29 year-old male and a 45 year-old female, both of Regina, are facing numerous drug and firearms charges after an investigation related to drug trafficking and firearms possession. A 23 year-old male is facing a breach of recognizance. The investigation was carried out by members of the Drug Unit and Street Gangs Unit, as well as members of the Investigative Response Unit. The investigation culminated in the search of a residence in the 800 block Cameron Street at approximately 12:35 a.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2017. Canine and SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) team assisted in the enforcement action.
Upon execution of the search warrant, a total of seven persons were located at the scene. Four were released by police at the scene; two were taken into custody, and one was turned over to EMS on scene for medical attention, and taken into custody later that day. Collection of evidence in the investigation included the seizure of two loaded firearms, ammunition, cocaine, methamphetamine, prescription pills, weapons, Canadian currency and drug paraphernalia (digital scales, packaging, cellular devices, etc.).
Twenty-nine year-old Shaundel Cory Vaughan AISAICAN, DOB: 1987-09-23 and 45 year-old Stephanie Dawn AISAICAN, DOB: 1971-12-05, both of Regina, are jointly charged with the following nine offences:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine), s. 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine), s. 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (hydromorphine), s. 5(2) CDSA;
- 3 x Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with readily accessible ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC; and
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC.
In addition, Stephanie Dawn AISAICAN faces the following:
- 2 x Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC.; and
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1).
Also, Shaundel Cory Vaughan AISAICAN is charged with:
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
- 2 x Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1);
- Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC; and
- 2 x Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC.
Both Stephanie AISAICAN and Shaundel AISAICAN will make their court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017.
Also charged in this investigation is 23 year-old Terrance DESNOMIE, DOB: 1994-02-14, of the Regina area. He is charged with Breach of Recognizance [145(3) CC] and was released for court on June 28, 2017.