On Thursday, May 25, 2017, at approximately 9:00 p.m., police were dispatched to the 800 block of Retallack Street for the report of an assault. It is alleged that a 15 year-old male physically assaulted a 15 year-old female. Police arrived to investigate the incident, and while there was not enough evidence to warrant a charge for the initial report of assault, it was discovered that the 15 year-old male was the subject of an outstanding warrant. Upon the male’s arrest, police located a firearm in the room. Further search yielded ammunition and another firearm.
A fifteen year-old male, who cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, faces eleven charges:Failure to Comply [YCJA 137];
- 2 x Possession of Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- 2 x Careless Use of a Firearm/Weapon/Prohibited Device/Ammunition [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime [CC 96(1)];
- Tampering with Serial Number of Firearm [CC 108(1)(A)]; and
- 3 x Possession of Firearm/Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
The youth makes his first appearance at Provincial Youth Court at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017.