On June 6, 2017, at approximately 11:42 p.m., police executed a traffic stop at Dewdney Avenue and Rae Street, on a vehicle occupied by a 34 year-old male. A search of the vehicle revealed quantities of cocaine and methamphetamine, a scale and other paraphernalia, as well as a loaded firearm. Further investigation revealed that the male was involved in a historical fraud incident, where it is alleged that the male used a fraudulent means to acquire merchandise from a retailer.
Thirty-four year-old Curtis James PAMBRUN (DOB: 12/12/1982), of Regina, is charged with:
- Fraud Under $5,000 [CC 380(1)(B)];
- 2 x Careless Use of Firearm/weapon/Ammunition [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Motor Vehicle [CC 94(1)(a)(i)];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon [CC 90];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [CC 108(1)(B)]
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine) [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine) [CDSA 5(2)];
PAMBRUN made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.