A 28-year-old Regina male was arrested and charged with drug trafficking yesterday in Regina.
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017, members of the Regina Police Service were dispatched to the 1600 block of Grant Drive to assist Social Services with a welfare check of a child. Upon arrival, police observed several items indicative of drug trafficking in plain view inside the residence. RPS Drug Unit members arrived on scene and seized cocaine, marihuana, psilocybin, Canadian currency, cellular phones, trafficking packaging, and drug paraphernalia. The male suspect was arrested without incident.
Twenty-eight year-old Devin Kenneth IRVING (DOB: 1989/04/24) of Regina is charged with:
• Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine) [Sec 5(2), CDSA];
• Possession of a Scheduled Substance (marihuana) [Sec 4(1), CDSA];
• Possession of a Scheduled Substance (psilocybin) [Sec 4(1), CDSA];
• Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime [Sec 355(B), CC];
• Fail to Comply with Recognizance [Sec 145(3), CC].
IRVING made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning (July 13, 2017) at 9:30 a.m.