A 26 year-old Regina male is facing six new criminal and drug charges as the result of police investigation carried out on Sunday, August 20, 2017.
On Sunday, August 20th, police became involved in the search for an individual known to be the subject of a number of warrants for arrest. The suspect individual was observed driving a red Pontiac Grand Am. At approximately 4:00 p.m., plain clothes police officers arrested him without incident when he exited his vehicle in the 700 block of Pasqua Street. During the search of the suspect, police found a substance confirmed to be methamphetamine. The vehicle was seized as part of the drug investigation and the subsequent search of the vehicle found a larger quantity of methamphetamine, cash, pellet guns, and paraphernalia associated with drug trafficking (cell phones, baggies). The male was charged and held for court.
Twenty-six year-old Nicholas Gregory KERNAZ, DOB: 1991-07-24, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 x Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking (Methamphetamine), s. 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of Firearms and Ammunition while prohibited from doing so, s. 117.01(1) CC;
- Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC; and
- Breach of Recognizance, s. 145(3) CC.
KERNAZ made his first court appearance on the new charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m., Monday, August 21, 2017.