A 31 year-old Regina male is facing numerous criminal charges including Theft, Possession of Stolen Property (vehicles, license plates) and Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicles in connection with incidents over the past month in Regina.
On August 11, 2017 at about 12:51 a.m., police located a vehicle, a 2003 Ford F-350, at the intersection of Big Bear Boulevard and Vanstone Street. A lone male was located inside the vehicle. Officers were able to positively identify this individual as a male charged with Breaches of Undertaking. This individual had also been identified as a suspect in numerous auto-theft-related files. The male was taken into custody without incident. Subsequent investigation led to 22 charges against this person.
The following incidents, alleged to involve this suspect, occurred when the suspect was on an Undertaking with conditions to keep the peace and be of good behavior:
– On July 21st – A black 2006 Ford F350 truck, confirmed to be stolen, was driven in a dangerous manner when a police vehicle approached with emergency equipment activated. This occurred in the area of the 6900 block of Cunningham Drive.
– On July 21st – A white 2006 Ford F350, later confirmed stolen, was involved in the theft of gas from a service station in the 4400 block of Rochdale Boulevard. It was confirmed the license plate of the vehicle had been stolen from another vehicle.
– On July 21st – The same white 2006 Ford F350 fled a traffic stop in the area of 7th Avenue and Royal Street.
– On July 23rd – A black 2010 Toyota Tundra, later confirmed stolen, was involved in theft of gas from a service station in the 3400 block of Saskatchewan Drive. When police attempted to pull the vehicle over, it fled.
– On July 27th – The accused was observed driving a Yamaha motorcycle, later confirmed stolen. The bike bore a stolen license plate as well.
Investigation into these matters and other, similar incidents, is ongoing.
Thirty-one year-old Kevin Aaron EVANS, DOB: 1985-10-12, of Regina is facing 22 charges:
– 4 x Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle, s. 249(1)(a) CC;
– 5 x Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
– 5 x Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
– 2 x Theft under $5,000, s. 334(b) CC;
– 7 x Breach of Recognizance, s. 145(3) CC;
– 8 x Breach of Probation, s.733.1(1) CC
EVANS will make his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, August 14, 2017.