On Sunday, August 27th, 2017, Mosaic Stadium will *welcome (you) to the jungle* as you experience a *one in a million* concert by Guns N’ Roses!
Please exercise plenty of *patience*, *sweet child o’ mine*, while driving to the show. Show time is 6:00 p.m. with Our Lady Peace returning to the Mosaic Stadium stage to open the show, so allow extra time for travel and watch for pedestrians, vehicles, and possibly the *nightrain*. Consider taking FREE Mosaic shuttle (with proof of show ticket) to and from the show; pickup and drop off at mall parking lots. The Regina Police Service has additional officers assigned to manage the high volume of traffic and to enhance safety for all show attendees and residents of the area.
Traffic restrictions will affect the 1500, 1600, and 1700 blocks of Elphinstone Street beginning at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 27th. Access will be limited to Regina Transit buses and local residents only (you may be asked to show that you are a local resident, e.g. home address on identification or correspondence). Please note that at the conclusion of the show, Saskatchewan Drive will be closed from Montague Street to Argyle Street, as well as the 1800 block of Elphinstone Street will also be closed, to allow foot traffic to get to their vehicles quickly and safely. Road closures will be:
• 1500 block of Elphinstone Street at Dewdney Avenue;
• Princess Street and 9th Avenue
• Argyle Street and 9th Avenue;
• MacTavish Street and 9th Avenue;
• Elphinstone Street and 9th Avenue;
• Elphinstone Street and 10th Avenue;
• Elphinstone Street and North Railway Street
• Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street;
Police are asking motorists and pedestrians to follow directions, have patience and be courteous to other users of the road.
Other reminders to help everyone enjoy the show include:
1) Remove all valuables from your vehicle and lock the doors. There will be additional police patrols around the stadium during the show to deter theft-from-auto and theft-of-auto, but it’s always better to remove or reduce the opportunity for crime (officers cannot be everywhere at once);
2) Respect the neighbourhood. The New Mosaic Stadium is in a residential neighbourhood and visitors should always ensure they park vehicles legally, refrain from littering and respect the property of others;
3) Consider bussing or car-pooling to make your travel plans easier! Hop onto regular transit or paratransit for FREE – just show the driver your show ticket – or take the FREE Mosaic Shuttle from six convenient locations (shuttle details here: regina.ca/football-express);
4) We expect many concert goers to enjoy an alcoholic beverage. That’s not an issue with us as long as a) they’re old enough to drink legally and b) they don’t try to operate a motor vehicle while impaired. Please don’t drink and drive; our cruisers aren’t comfortable.
5) Make your plans before you drive; remember to not use your phone while driving. Same goes for pedestrians; walking while texting/talking can be dangerous in crowds and on roads.
6) See tracks? Think train! Stay off and away from the train tracks. Anytime is train time, and trains are very dangerous. Do not try to “beat” the train while the stop-arms are coming down and the train is approaching. Do not play on or around train cars, and do not go near a moving train. Please act responsibly and safely.
*It’s so easy* to have a good time, so leave your bad *attitude* at home, and enjoy the show!