Three people: two females and a male, are facing charges in connection with separate, but related incidents involving the theft of fuel and the search of an apartment which found drugs and drug-related paraphernalia on Tuesday, August 8, 2017.
On August 8, 2017, at about 12:20 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence on Alport Crescent after a call reporting a possible stolen vehicle at that address. Police obtained the vehicle’s license plate information and initially suspected the vehicle was stolen, but later determined the vehicle had a stolen license plate on it. Earlier the same day, at about 9:00 a.m., a vehicle bearing that license plate was involved in a theft of gas from a service station in the 200 block of Albert Street North. Police went to the Alport Crescent residence and located the vehicle. One of the residents at that address was on conditions that allowed police to search the apartment. Police recovered methamphetamine and other drugs, counterfeit currency, numerous cell phones, body armour and ammunition. Police arrested four suspects. One male was found to be in Breach of Statutory Release and was returned to custody. The other three: a 27 year-old male, a 23 year-old female and a 22 year-old female were charged with various offences as a result of further investigation.
Twenty-seven year-old Dustin Martin Lyle MORIN, DOB: 1990-05-05, of Regina, is charged with:
– Theft under $5,000 (fuel), s. 334(b) CC; and
– Possession of Stolen Property (license plate), s. 355(b) CC.
Twenty-two year-old Shyla N. YOUNG, DOB: 1995-07-30, of Regina, is charged with:
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine), s. 5(2) CDSA.
Twenty-three year-old Shelby Anne CURTIS, DOB: 1994-02-01, of Regina, is charged with:
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine), s. 5(2) CDSA;
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance (amphetamine), s. 4(1) CDSA;
– Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
– Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC;
– Possession of Counterfeit Money, s. 450 CC; and
– 3 x Breach of Recognizance, s. 145(3) CC.
CURTIS and YOUNG both made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 9, 2017. MORIN was released on an Officer’s Recognizance for court on September 12, 2017.