On September 19, 2017, at approximately 1:55 p.m., during a traffic enforcement project, police attempted to flag down a truck on the 100 block of McIntosh Street, but the truck evaded police. A short while after this evade, police received reports that the truck was seen driving through red lights, and finally abandoned by two occupants. The truck was located abandoned in the alley on the 1000 block of Aberdeen Street. Police were able to locate the occupants nearby and take them into custody. The driver of the truck, a 27 year-old female, was arrested and charged. A search of the passenger, a 30 year-old male, revealed knives, a machete, and a quantity of methamphetamine.
Twenty-seven year-old Allyson Kristina BACHIU (1990/04/08), of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC]
- Flight while pursued by peace officer [249.1(1) CC]
Thirty year-old Rodney Duane Roy DESNOMIE (1986/12/03), of Regina, is charged with:
- Fail to comply [145(3) CC];
- 2 X Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- Carry a concealed weapon [90 CC]; and
- Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking (methamphetamine) [CDSA 5(2)].
BACHIU and DESNOMIE made their first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges today, September 20, 2017, at 9:30 a.m.