A 50-year-old Regina male is facing charges in connection with incidents of mischief in the Rosemont area.
These incidents occurred in the Rosemont area of Regina in mid-September. In one of these incidents, a suspect was seen breaking into a vehicle in the area, and a resident’s video surveillance was able to capture a clear image of the suspect. Thanks to the surveillance footage, an individual was identified, located, arrested and charged.
Fifty-year-old Michael SACASECAWIN (DOB: 1967/07/20), of Regina, is charged with:
- Theft Under $5,000 [Sec 334(B), CC];
- Two charges of Mischief Under $5,000 [Sec 430(4), CC];
SACASECAWIN made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this morning at 9:30 a.m.
The Regina Police Service encourages residents to practice good crime prevention strategies:
- Please lock your vehicles and remove any valuables (keys, phones, purses, spare change, etc) from your vehicle when you leave it.
- If you have been a victim of crime, please report it to police right away, and bring your vehicle in for fingerprinting as soon as possible, to help us identify and apprehend the suspects.
- If you have security camera/other camera footage, please report that to police to help us identify the suspects.
We would like to send a thank-you to the citizens who did share photos of the suspect noted above, which helped our officers make this arrest. If anyone has information that could assist police in investigations of mischief and theft, please contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6364 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.