A 24 year-old Regina male is facing weapons-related charges, following a police investigation into a weapons offence that occurred on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
At approximately 12:30 p.m. police received a report that a male with a firearm entered the residence of persons known to him, in the 600 block of McIntosh Street. No one was injured in that encounter and the male left the residence. The investigation led police to a second residence in the 4600 block of 4th Avenue. As the result of negotiation, the suspect was safely taken into police custody and a firearm recovered.
During this incident, traffic flow was restricted in the immediate area. A school in the neighbourhood was placed in a secure-the-building protocol as a precaution and, at the end of the school day, the staff and school resource officers provided oversight for dismissal of students.
Twenty-four year-old Payton Shane DUKE (DOB: 1993/08/06) of Regina, is charged with:
• Possession of a Weapon [Sec 88, CC];
• Fail to Comply with Undertaking [Sec 145(3), CC];
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [Sec 91(1), CC];
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 [Sec 355(A), CC];
• Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition [Sec 86(1), CC];
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With [Sec 108(1)(B), CC];
• Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized [Sec 92(2), CC].
DUKE will make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court this afternoon at 2:00 p.m. (Friday, November 17, 2017).