On Sunday, January 14, 2018, at approximately 3:18 am, police observed a stolen vehicle occupied by a male and female, travelling northbound on Albert Street, with no lights on. Police activated emergency equipment in order to perform a traffic stop, but the car took off.
Police located the car abandoned in the alley on the 3900 block of Saskatchewan Drive. Police observed the male and female walking eastbound from the area on Saskatchewan Drive. As police approached, the two attempted to run away. The female was arrested, while the male ran away into the alley. A police canine track successfully located the male on the 1900 block of Montague Street, where he was arrested. The male was identified and found to be the subject of a warrant for arrest. A search of the male revealed both firearm ammunition, putting him in breach of his prohibition order, and a quantity of methamphetamine.
Thirty-two year-old Donovan Michael NIEMAN, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine) [CDSA 4(1)];
- Possession of ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Possession of a property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)]; and
- Flight while pursued by police officer [CC 249.1(1)].
Twenty-four year-old Ann Margaret ANASKAN, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)].
Both NIEMAN and ANASKAN make their first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges today, January 15, 2018, at 9:30 am.