A thirty-one year-old male faces charges after an investigation into the death of a forty year-old male on Sunday night.
On Sunday, February 18, at approximately 8:10 p.m., police were dispatched to the 1400 block of Pasqua Street for the report of a male injured in an apparent firearms offence during a robbery. Police and EMS attended and located the forty year-old male, who was transported to hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. The responding officers requested additional resources, including Forensic Identification, Major Crimes as well as the Coroner. Investigation revealed the death to be a homicide. This is the second homicide of 2018 in Regina.
On February 18, at approximately 9:09 p.m., police were advised of a possible stolen auto in northeast Regina, believed to be occupied by a suspect in the earlier robbery and homicide on Pasqua Street. Attempts were made to stop the vehicle, and the vehicle collided with a police vehicle at Albert Street and College Avenue. A thirty-one year-old male was apprehended at the scene, arrested and charged. A search revealed firearm ammunition.
Thirty-one year-old Chad BARRE, of Regina, is charged with:
- First degree murder [CC 235(1)];
- Armed robbery using a firearm [CC 344(1)(A.1)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Flight while pursued by peace officer [CC 249.1(1)];
- Dangerous operation of a moter vehicle [CT 249(1)(A)]; and
- 6 X Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)].
BARRE made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.