A 28 year-old male and 23 year-old female are facing numerous drug trafficking and firearm charges as the result of drug investigation in the city of Regina.
On February 20, 2018, a CDSA search warrant was authorized for a residence on the 1400 block of Garnet Street. At approximately 9:45 pm, the CDSA search warrant was executed and police surrounded the residence. Several people, including children, exited the residence, and a 28 year-old male and a 23 year-old female were arrested. Large quantities of substances believed to be cocaine and methamphetamine were found at the scene, as well as three firearms and ammunition.
Twenty-three year-old Rikki Jocelyn BEAR and twenty-eight year-old Tyler John BROWN, both of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a scheduled substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)];
- 3 X Careless use of firearm/ammunition [CC 86(1)];
- 2 X Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- 2 X Possession of a firearm knowing its possession unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- 2 X Possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm obtained by crime [CC 96(1)];
- Possession of a loaded or restricted firearm [CC 95(1)(A)];
Twenty-three year-old Rikki Jocelyn BEAR, of Regina, was charged with:
- 2 X Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)].
Twenty-eight year-old Tyler John BROWN, of Regina, is charged with:
- 3 X Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)]; and
- Fail to comply [CC 145(3)].
BEAR and BROWN made their first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on February 21, 2018, at 9:30 a.m.