Two males, age 30 and 25, have been charged following an incident in Regina earlier this morning.
Police attempted a traffic stop of a vehicle in the area of Lewvan Drive and 7th Avenue at approximately 0200 hrs this morning, February 9, 2018. Instead of stopping for police, the vehicle continued on and drove erratically. Police did not pursue the vehicle, but further investigation led them to the area of 2200 block McTavish Street, where they recovered the vehicle, abandoned.
Two suspects matching the description of the vehicle occupants were arrested a short distance away. Each was in possession of weapons. A search of the vehicle resulted in the discovery of firearm parts and ammunition.
Thirty year-old Stuart SABISTON of Regina is charged with the following:
- Flight while pursued by peace officer [249.1(1) CC];
- Three counts of Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession of a weapon [88 CC]; and
- Failing to comply with a probation order [733.1(1) CC].
Twenty-five year-old Dylan BEATTIE of Regina is charged with the following:
- Two counts of Carrying a concealed weapon [90 CC];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon [91(2) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [95(1a) CC];
- Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- Failing to comply with a probation order [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Failing to comply with an undertaking [145(3)].
SABISTON and BEATTIE will make their first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 am on Monday, February 12, 2018.