Two Regina women face multiple charges after an investigation into automobile theft in the city of Regina.
Between the dates of March 22, 2018 and April 14, 2018, police investigation determined automobiles reported as stolen were in the possession of a 33 year-old female and a 36 year-old female, using license plates from other stolen vehicles.
On Saturday, April 14, 2018, at approximately 6:00 pm, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 1400 block of Royal Street in relation to the stolen auto offences. Five people were located inside the residence, including the 33 year-old female and 36 year-old female. Stolen property found in the home included vehicle keys, multiple pieces of personal identification, (which include driver’s licenses, SIN cards, health cards, a passport, a birth certificate, and Indian Status card), vehicle registration, cheques, wallets, credit cards, drug paraphernalia, a large amount of cash, counterfeit currency, a baton weapon, and substances believed to be cocaine and methamphetamine. The females were arrested and charged with theft and possession of stolen vehicles, stolen license plates, and other stolen property as well as drug charges.
As the result of the arrests, police identified the 33 year-old female as also being involved in a theft of merchandise from a business on the 3900 block of Rochdale Boulevard on two separate occasions, occurring on December 28, 2017 and January 30, 2018.
Thirty-six year-old Danielle FINK, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine) for the purpose of trafficking [CDSA 5(2)];
- 4 X Fail to comply [CC 733.1(1)];
- 11 X Identity Fraud – Possession of an identity document [CC 56.1(1)];
- 2 X Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- 18 X Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Driving while disqualified [CC 259(4)];
- Possession of counterfeit currency [CC 450]; and
- Theft of motor vehicle [CC 333.1(1)].
Thirty-three year-old Melissa KAPLUN, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 X Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
- Fail to comply [CC 145(3)];
- 2 X Theft shoplifting under $5,000 [334(B)]; and
- 3 X Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)].
FINK and KAPLUN made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court, Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9:30 am.