A 36 year-old Regina man is facing several charges following an incident in the early-morning hours of Monday, April 2, 2018.
On April 2, 2018, at approximately 2:45 a.m., police on patrol observed a Nissan Pathfinder travelling west on Victoria Avenue, at Broad Street, at speeds estimated to be in excess of 100 kilometres. Concern for public safety prevented police from making attempts to stop the vehicle at that time. The same vehicle was observed by other units over the next hour. At 3:47 a.m., police came upon the Pathfinder parked on 7th Avenue near Wallace. The occupant of the vehicle appeared to be passed out. Investigation revealed the vehicle had been reported stolen on March 24th. The license plate on the vehicle did not match the registration information. Police took the male into custody, but the suspect actively resisted officers. The driver was found to be very intoxicated. He was cleared by EMS and held for court later that day.
Thirty-six year-old Jason Dieon TANNER, of Regina, is charged with:
• Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine), s. 4(1) CDSA;
• Fail or Refuse to Provide Breath Sample, s. 254(3)(a) CC;
• Driving While Impaired by Alcohol or Drug, s. 253(1)(a) CC;
• Driving While Disqualified, s. 259(4) CC;
• Possession of Property (vehicle) Obtained by Crime over $5,000, s. 355(a) CC;
• Possession of Property (license plate) Obtained by Crime under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC; and
• Resist Arrest, s. 129(a) CC.
TANNER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, April 2, 2018.