Two people: a 21 year-old male and an 18 year-old female, are facing a dozen charges in connection with a stolen auto incident on March 30, 2018. Investigation into this incident led to the recovery of a sawed-off firearm and a quantity of drugs.
At approximately 11:00 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2018, a patrol officer in the area of Pasqua Street and 7th Avenue noted suspicious activity around a parked vehicle and observed someone running away. The officer noted that the vehicle matched the description of a vehicle that had been reported stolen. The license plate on the car didn’t match the one registered to the vehicle. The officer requested a Canine team and the track led directly to a nearby house. Upon entry, officers located a male matching the description of the suspect, as well as a female, hiding in one of the rooms. A search of the room revealed a loaded, sawed-off rifle. Both individuals were arrested; both were also found to be the subject of other warrants. The male was found to be in possession of a substance believed to be methamphetamine. Both individuals were subsequently charged.
Eighteen year-old Jayleen Peige McNAB and 21 year-old Anthony Allan RUS, both of Regina, are jointly charged with:
– Careless Use of a Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
– Possession of a Firearm, Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC; and
– Possession of a Loaded, Prohibited Firearm, s. 95(1) CC.
In addition Jayleen Peige McNAB is charged with Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC.
In addition to the joint charges listed above, Anthony Allan RUS is also charged with:
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) s. 4(1) CDSA;
– Possession Stolen Property under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
– Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC; and
– Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC.
Both accused made their first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, April 2, 2018.