A 22 year-old male and a 22 year-old female are facing drug trafficking charges that resulted from a traffic stop conducted in the early morning hours of May 19, 2018.
On Saturday, May 19, 2018, at about 12:25 a.m. officers were responding to a suspicious person complaint in a south Regina neighbourhood, when they observed suspicious behavior from the occupants of a vehicle driving in the area. The officers conducted a traffic stop on Lakeview Avenue to further investigate and saw what appeared to be the handle of a knife concealed under the front seat of the car. Both occupants of the vehicle were taken into custody and further investigation led to the discovery of baggies containing what appeared to be powder and crack cocaine. Marihuana and Canadian currency were also located in a search of the vehicle. Both individuals were subsequently charged.
Twenty-two year-old Dylan Jake SMITH, and 22 year-old Jordana Paige CHERVINSKI-KITTLER, both of Regina, are jointly charged with:
– Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC];
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine) [5(2) CDSA];
– Possession of a Schedule Substance [4(5) CDSA]; and
– Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
Both SMITH and CHERVINSKI-KITTLER made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, May 22, 2018.