On July 21, 2018, at approximately 4:46 p.m. members of The Regina Police Service were dispatched to 1654 Ottawa Street in regards to a weapons offence. Initial information was that there were two males inside the address and one of the males had a gun. Officers attended and surrounded the address. A short time later, a male exited the rear of the address with a sawed off .22 caliber rifle tucked in his waistband. The male was immediately taken into custody without further incident. A second male that exited the premises was initially taken into custody and later released.
Thirty-two year-old Travis Rae Piapot (DOB: 1985-08-28) of Edenwold is charged with:
- Section 88 CC Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose.
- Section 86(1) CC Careless Use of a Firearm.
- Section 90 CC Carry Concealed Weapon.
- Section 91(1) CC Unauthorized Possession of Firearm.
- Section 95 CC Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition.
- Section 96 CC Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence.
Piapot will appear in Provincial Court on Monday July 23, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Anyone who has information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.