The Regina Police Service, in partnership with the Board of the Queen City Ex, is working to enhance public safety at this year’s Exhibition. The Regina Police Service has enacted its operational plan for the Queen City Ex, which begins Wednesday, August 1, 2018 and runs through to Sunday, August 5.
The Regina Police Service will have extra officers assigned to the Queen City Ex during peak attendance periods, working in partnership with Exhibition Security. Police will also be visible at exits at close of operations each day to deter any criminal activity as visitors are leaving the grounds. Please note that this operational plan does not draw police personnel away from regular shifts and duties. Police resources dedicated to the Queen City Ex are in addition to the regular complement of patrol members, who will continue to respond to policing needs for the rest of the city.
The Regina Police Service is encouraging event attendees to adopt the following safety and crime-prevention strategies:
- Supervise small children at all times;
- Report any suspicious activity immediately to police or Exhibition security staff;
- Secure cash or valuables and refrain from displaying large amounts of cash;
- Lock vehicles and remove valuables from plain view; and
- Park vehicles legally and be respectful of the residents of neighbourhoods around Evraz Place.
To learn more about the Queen City Ex’s safety plan, which includes first aid and keeping kids safe information, please see the Queen City Ex’s safety page: //www.evrazplace.com/events/queen-city-ex/safety. The Regina Police Service thanks the public and our partners for their continued cooperation and support in making the Queen City Ex a successful, family-oriented annual event.