From July 12 to July 15, 2018, country music lovers, campers, and party-goers will come together for the Country Thunder music festival. Country Thunder is expected to draw 25,000 people to the Rural Municipality of Longlaketon and the Craven/Lumsden area over the course of the weekend.
While the festival is not taking place within Regina city limits, the Regina Police Service encourages everyone to please consider the following to have a safe and enjoyable weekend:
- Having fun at the festival can include drinking responsibly. Under no circumstances should anyone drink and drive. Check out SGI’s free Safe Ride Transportation Schedule: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/f347b1_b6415c5d31c84546ad382838325aa25e.pdf
- Please be aware of the increased traffic this weekend, both within the city and to and from the festival venue. We ask motorists to exercise patience and to be cautious of groups of festival-bound pedestrians. Plan ahead and allow for extra travel time.
- Lost? Trying to connect with friends? Put down your phone and concentrate on the road. Pull over or have a passenger use your phone. Keep yourselves and the roads safe.
- RCMP will have road-checks set up around the Craven/Lumsden area and surrounding highways, targeting impaired and distracted drivers, as well as checking for open liquor and use of seatbelts.
- If you see an impaired driver, pull over and call 911.
Stay safe and enjoy the festival!