A 39 year-old Regina male, arrested on Friday June 29th, is facing numerous charges in connection with recent cases of Theft from Auto, Break & Enter, and Possession of Stolen Property. These crimes occurred between April 23rd and June 27th of this year.
These incidents are as follows:
- Theft from Auto under $5,000 – April 23, 2018 – 2600 block E Thornicroft Bay – a locked truck had its driver’s side window smashed and a briefcase removed. The briefcase contained a wallet, which contained a debit card. Someone, other than the owner of the card, used the TAP feature of the card, to make several purchases in the early morning hours of April 23rd.
- Theft from Auto under $5,000 – May 10, 2018 – Police received a report for a theft from an unlocked vehicle, which had occurred on May 1, 2018, in the 200 block of E. Ball Road. The victim’s wallet was taken from the vehicle and his credit card and a debit card with a TAP feature, were used for unauthorized purchases.
- Lost Property/TAP Theft – May 30, 2018 – a male victim reported having lost his wallet in the area of Dewdney Avenue and Royal Street sometime between 7:30 p.m. on May 29th to about 2:00 a.m. on May 30th. The victim’s credit card was used three times, with a fourth attempt.
- Break and Enter – June 12-13, 2018 – Police received a report of a break and enter to an attached garage on 3200 block Mountbatten Crescent. A bicycle was stolen from the garage. When police arrested the suspect, they were able to recover the stolen bicycle.
- Break and Enter/Possession of Stolen Property – June 23, 2018 – the victim reported a break-in to the detached garage at a residence on the 2800 block of McAra Street. Various food items and winter tires were stolen. Police were able to recover the tires when police came upon suspects loading them into a vehicle.
- Break and Enter/Fraud – June 26, 2018 – a victim reported a break in to her unlocked, detached garage in the 2700 block McAra Street. The victim’s wallet was stolen in the break and enter; her debit card was used, employing the TAP feature, a total of four times at various businesses.
- Break and Enter – June 27, 2018 – a female victim reported to police that her attached garage had been broken into. The perpetrator(s) stole items, including a wallet, from two vehicles parked inside the garage.
On June 29, 2018, investigation into these offences led to the arrest of a 39 year-old male. He was subsequently charged in connection with each of these cases.
Thirty-nine year-old Aaron Lawrence SULLIVAN, of Regina, is facing 18 charges:
- 6 x Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000, [355(b) CC];
- 5 x Theft under $5,000, [334(b) CC];
- 6 x Breach of Undertaking [145(3) CC];
- Break and Enter [348(1)(a) CC];
SULLIVAN made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, July 3, 2018.