A 33 year-old male and a 48 year-old female, both of Regina, are facing numerous charges as the result of investigation into alleged drug and fraud-related offences.
On August 28th, 2018, Regina Drug Unit, K9 and Patrol conducted enforcement in the 700 block of Albert Street. As a result of this investigation, Methamphetamine, Canadian Currency, weapons and computer equipment were collected as evidence.
A male and female were charged as a result of the drug trafficking investigation for multiple drug offences including the Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Methamphetamine and the Possession of the Proceeds of Crime Over $5000.00. Both accused are also jointly charged with offences related to the possession of instruments for counterfeiting and forged documents. These charges are:
– Making counterfeit currency [449 CC];
– Possession of instruments for counterfeiting [458(d) CC];
– Make ID using computer assistance [457(1) CC];
– Identity theft [402.2(1) CC];
– Possession of stolen credit card [342(1)(c) CC];
– Forgery [366(1)(a) CC];
– Possession of forged documents [368(1)(d) CC]; and
– Counterfeiting a stamp [376(1) CC].
The accused: 33 year-old Tyler Blaine BERNDT and 48 year-old Noma Catherine YURKIW, of Regina, made their first appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 30, 2018.