On August 2, 2018 at about 2:00 p.m., Regina Police Service plainclothes members were involved in an investigation related to the whereabouts of wanted person Tyson KEHOE. He was confirmed to be in a vehicle that was in turn followed to the Cathedral area, where officers attempted to make an arrest upon him. During the arrest, the vehicle in which KEHOE was located, sped off backwards, striking an unmarked police vehicle. KEHOE attempted to flee on foot, but was apprehended by police officers following a brief foot pursuit.
The suspect vehicle continued to drive backwards on an avenue in the Cathedral area, before turning around and driving forward at an extremely high rate of speed. The driver failed to stop at two stops signs, never slowing, eventually causing a collision at 15th Avenue and Rae Street with another motor vehicle. The driver of the vehicle was arrested following the accident. Police vehicles did not pursue the suspect vehicle during this incident.
There were no injuries stemming from the second collision with the civilian vehicle.
Thirty year-old Tyson Thomas KEHOE of Regina is charged with:
- Outstanding warrants for Break and Enter;
- Resist arrest [123(a) CC];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(b) CC];
- Failure to comply with undertaking [145(3) CC]; and
- Failure to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC].
Forty-four year-old Christopher Orville LAVALLEE of Cowessess is charged with:
- 2 x Fail to stop at the scene of an accident [252(1.1) CC];
- Assault with a Weapon [267(a) CC];
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle [249 (1)(a) CC]; and
- Failure to comply with undertaking [145(3) CC].
KEHOE and LAVALLEE will make their first court appearance on Tuesday, August 7, 2018.