On Thursday, October 25, 2018, at approximately 6:40 a.m., police were dispatched to a pedestrian walkway on the 1900 block of Saskatchewan Drive for the report of a weapons offence. Information received was a female, armed with a firearm, was in an altercation with a security officer, and discharged the firearm multiple times at the officer. The security officer had taken the firearm, which was revealed to be a pellet gun, away from the 23 year-old female and detained her before police arrived and arrested her. No one was injured in this incident.
Among the items revealed in a search upon her arrest were an additional firearm, ammunition, knife, and retail merchandise believed to be stolen.
Twenty-three year-old Jana ANAQUOD, of Regina, is charged with:
- Use of firearm during commission of an indictable offence [CC 85(1)(A)];
- 2 X Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- 2 X Carry concealed weapon [CC 90];
- Careless use of firearm [86(1) CC];
- Discharge of firearm with intent [244/1(A)];
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [CC 91(1)];
- Possession of a loaded or restricted firearm [CC 95(1)];
- Possession of firearm obtained by crime [CC 96(1)];
- Obstruct peace officer [CC 129(A)];
- 2 X Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [CC 355(B)]; and
- Assault with a weapon [CC 267(A)].
ANAQUOD makes her first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court tomorrow, October 26, 2018, at 9:30 a.m.