On Friday, October 5, 2018, police were dispatched to a hotel on the 700 block of Albert Street for a suspicious person report. A male and female had used a fraudulently obtained credit card to perform a large transaction at a nearby retail store. The two had just left in a vehicle by the time police arrived, and were pulled over by police on 5th Avenue, where they were arrested.
The fraudulently purchased merchandise was recovered from the vehicle, as well as numerous pieces of fake identification.
Twenty-five year-old Steve GAGNE, of Quebec, is charged with:
- Fail to comply with recognizance [CC 145(3)];
- Possession of a forged document with intent [CC 368(1)(D)]; and
- 5 X Identity theft [CC 402.2(1)].
Twenty-six year-old Angilee Kayla GRISDALE, of Winnipeg, is charged with:
- Possession of a forged document with intent [CC 368(1)(D)];
- 3 X Identity theft [CC 402.2(1)]; and
- 3 X Identity fraud [CC 403(1)(A)].
GAGNE and GRISDALE made their first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.