An adult male and an adult female, both of Regina, are facing numerous firearms charges, in addition to charges of possession of stolen property and drugs.
On Monday, October 1, 2018, just after 5:00 a.m., Regina police patrol members were dispatched to a report of a suspicious vehicle, matching the description of a vehicle reported stolen on September 29th. Police members had earlier observed the vehicle, a yellow Hummer, leaving a business in the 800 block of Winnipeg Street, but were not able to safely stop it at that time. The vehicle was observed parking at the rear of a property in the 900 block of Wallace Street. A female in the passenger seat, was taken into custody without incident. Three individuals came out of a residence at the command of police. A search of the vehicle yielded a backpack carrying a loaded, sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun and loose ammunition. Two cheques, belonging to the owners of the vehicle, were also recovered. Further investigation led to the release of two of the persons in custody; one male was charged, as was the female passenger from the vehicle. A search of the male led to recovery of a quantity of a substance believed to methamphetamine.
Nineteen year-old Kailey Noreen WOLFE, and 26 year-old Travis Delaney BUFFALO, both of Regina, are jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000., [355(a) CC];
- Careless Use of a Firearm (sawed-off shotgun), [86(1) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, [88 CC];
- Carrying Concealed Weapon, [90 CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized, [92(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device in a Motor Vehicle, [94(1) CC];
- Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm, [95(1) CC]; and
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon Knowing it was Obtained by Crime, [96(1) CC].
In addition, Kailey Noreen WOLFE is charged with:
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [91(1) CC].
In addition to the joint charges listed above, Travis Delaney BUFFALO is also charged with;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) [4(1) CDSA];
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition [117.01(1) CC]; and
- 2 x Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000. (cheques) 355(b) CC].
Both accused made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, October 1, 2018.