A 29 year-old male and a 23 year-old female, of no fixed address in Regina, are facing numerous charges after their arrests last night.
At approximately 8:22 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, Regina Police Service patrol members were in the area of Arcola and Victoria Avenue when their attention was drawn to a white Chev Silverado truck. A query of the license plate showed the plate and the truck did not match, so officers continued their investigation. They confirmed the license plate was stolen and an attempt was made to stop the truck. A tire deflation device (spikebelt) was successfully deployed and an adult male and adult female were taken into custody. Police deployed pepper spray in the arrest of the male. He was seen by EMS and cleared. Investigation showed both the male and female to be the subjects of outstanding warrants. Further investigation led to charges against both individuals in connection with the theft of a vehicle in February 2018 and a more recent series of criminal incidents, both in and around Regina.
Twenty nine year-old Frederick James Norman BRASS and 23 year-old Jayden Marie SANFORD, of Regina are jointly charged with 20 offences:
– Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000 (truck), [355(a) CC];
– Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (license plate), [355(b) CC];
– Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (blank cheques), [355(b) CC];
– 2 x Forgery (cheques), [367(1) CC];
– 2 x Use a Forged Document [368(1)(a) CC];
– 6 x Identity Fraud/Possession of an Identity Document, [56.1(1) CC];
– 2 x Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (wallets), [355(b) CC];
– 4 x Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (documents), [355(b) CC]; and
– Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 (electronics), [355(b) CC].
In addition, SANFORD is charged with Theft under $5,000 (shoplifting), [334(b) CC].
The two accused persons will make their first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, November 2, 2018. Investigation is ongoing and additional charges are pending.