Two male youths, both 15 years old, are facing a number of charges after investigation into several recent business Break and Enters in Regina.
On October 30, 2018, at approximately 12:45 a.m., police were dispatched to a business in the 800 block of Albert Street for an alarm, indicating a breach of the business front doors. As patrol members approached the address, they saw two young males, walking away from the business, carrying what appeared to be electronic equipment and a backpack. The males were stopped and questioned and then placed under arrest. A search of the backpack found other items confirmed to be stolen property. Subsequent investigation into this event, as well as similar recent incidents, led to the two youths being jointly charged (seven charges) in connection with the following business Break and Enters:
– Oct. 6th – 2600 block Victoria Avenue, Break and Enter [348(1)(b) CC];
– Oct. 21st – 400 block, East Victoria Avenue, Break and Enter [348(1)(b) CC];
– Oct. 22nd – 1200 block Broad Street, Break and Enter [348(1)(b) CC]
– Oct. 25th – 2000 block Park Street, Break and Enter [348(1)(b) CC]
– Oct. 30th – 800 block Albert Street – Break and Enter [348(1)(b) CC]; Disguise with Intent [351(2) CC]; Possession of Stolen Property Under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
Only one of the youths was charged with Break and Enter [348(1)(b) CC] in connection with a B&E at a business in the 1200 block Broad Street on October 28th, 2018. Investigation continues on other as-yet-unsolved business break and enters.
The youths cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. Both were released on a JP Undertaking to appear in Youth Court on December 18, 2018.