Two people are facing multiple charges after an incident on December 15, 2018.
At approximately 2:00 a.m. on December 15, 2018, police observed a suspicious vehicle parked on the 3800 block of Albert Street. Police approached the vehicle and observed three occupants inside: two males and one female. Further investigation revealed firearms, ammunition and drugs. The three occupants were apprehended. One male and one female were subsequently charged, and one male was released without charges.
Thirty-three year old Justin Joseph Lloyd THOMPSON of Regina is charged with:
- 3 x Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [117.01(1) CC];
- 2 x Careless use of a firearm [86(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- 2 x Carrying concealed weapon [90 CC];
- 2 x Unauthorized possession of firearm in motor vehicle [94(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime [96(1) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [951(1)(A) CC];
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with [108(1)(B) CC]; and
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized [92(1) CC].
THOMPSON appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on December 17, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Twenty-five year-old Tawnya DEAL of Regina is charged with:
- 2 x Possession of a scheduled substance [4(1) CSDA]; and
- Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC].
DEAL will appear in Provincial Court for these charges on January 30, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.