A 28 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges after an investigation that concluded on Wednesday evening.
On December 27, 2018, at approximately 9:30 p.m., as a result of investigation by the Regina Police Service Street Gangs Unit, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 5300 block of McKenna Crescent. Canine, Crisis Negotiation, and SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) teams assisted in the enforcement action. As a result of the investigation and search that followed, firearms, ammunition, drugs and drug paraphernalia were located.
Twenty-eight year-old Dustin Adam CLARKE-RUSNACK of Regina is charged with:
- 3 x Careless use of a firearm or weapon [86(1) CC];
- 3 x Unauthorized possession of a firearm [91(1) CC];
- 3 x Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle [94(1) CC];
- 3 x Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with [108(1)(B) CC];
- 3 x Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime [96(1) CC];
- 3 x Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [95(1)(A) CC];
- 3 x Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon knowing its possession is unauthorized [92(2) CC];
- 3 x Possession of a weapon [92(2) CC];
- 2 x Traffic in scheduled substances [5(1) CSDA];
- Carrying a concealed weapon [90 CC];
- Fail to comply with recognizance [145(3) CC];
- Fail to comply with undertaking [145(3) CC]; and
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime [355(B) CC].
CLARKE-RUSNACK appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on December 28, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.