A 27 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges relating to an incident that occurred on December 12, 2018.
At approximately 9:40 a.m. on December 12, 2018, Regina Police were advised by RCMP that a stolen truck was headed towards the city. The truck was located in the city near Argyle Road and Rochdale Boulevard. The truck continued further into the city and was involved in a hit and run at the intersection of Arcola Avenue and Winnipeg Street. Officers followed the truck and successfully deployed a spike belt on the 1300 block of Broadway Avenue. One male suspect exited the vehicle and fled on foot. The suspect was located in the immediate area, was apprehended and arrested. A search revealed stolen items and a weapon.
Twenty-seven year-old Thomas Kenneth CHARTRAND of Regina is charged with:
- Fail to stop at scene of accident [252(1.1) CC];
- Break and enter with intent [348(1)(A) CC];
- Disguise with intent [351(2) CC];
- Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC];
- Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- Possession of a credit card [342(1)(C)]; and
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(B) CC].
CHARTRAND appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on December 13, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.