On Thursday, December 20, 2018, police observed a vehicle, reported as stolen, occupied by a male and female in the area of 4th Avenue and Garnet Street. Police observed the vehicle stopping on the 1400 block of Victoria Avenue. The two occupants exited the vehicle, and attempted to flee from police, but were arrested. A search of the male revealed a firearm.
Twenty-six year-old Daneen Lyn WHITEQUILL, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC].
Twenty-four year-old Terrance DESNOMIE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC];
- Disqualified Driving [259(a)CC]
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]
- Without lawful excuse carry a firearm [86(1) CC]
- Carry a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public [88 CC]
- Carry a concealed weapon [90 CC]
- Possession of a prohibited weapon [91(2) CC]
- Possession of a firearm [96(1) CC]
WHITEQUILL and DESNOMIE make their first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on December 21, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.