A Regina male is facing numerous charges after a traffic incident on Sunday afternoon.
At approximately 12:00 p.m. on December 30, 2018, police were dispatched to a report of a hit and run at the intersection of 1st Avenue North and Lewvan Drive. Reports indicate the suspect vehicle struck another vehicle at the intersection then continued driving. The suspect vehicle then hit another parked vehicle on the 5000 block of Sherwood Drive. The driver was observed exiting the vehicle and entered into a residence on the 5100 block of Sherwood Drive. Police apprehended the suspect who was subsequently charged. Through the investigation, police located firearms, ammunition and drugs.
Thirty-one year-old Shaundel Cory Vaughn AISAICAN of Regina is charged with:
- 2 x Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- 3 x Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [117.01(1) CC];
- 2 x Careless storage of firearm [86(2) CC];
- Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime [96(1) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [95(1)(A) CC];
- Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition in a motor vehicle [94(1)(a)(ii) CC]; and
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in motor vehicle [94(1) CC].
AISAICAN appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on December 31, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.